Bukovinian State Medical University was founded in October 1944. It is one of the largest higher educational establishments of Chernivtsi city. Bukovinian State Medical University is a modern multi-structural educational institution having the highest level of accreditation with ancient traditions.
At present, 324 Candidates of Science, 78 Doctors of Science, 66 Professors and more than 193 Assistant Professors (Ph.D.)
work fruitfully at 47 Departments of the Medical University. Among them, there are Member of the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, Full Members of New York Academy of Medical Sciences, numerous Honoured Science and Education Workers.
The University researches have attained considerable achievements in the fields of cardiology, gastroenterology, pediatrics, traumatology and orthopedics, pathology and kidney physiology.